March 26, 2010

Organizing my creative space.

My husband has been complaining about my crafting supplies taking over our house. And it is true. Over the years I have collected so many things for crafts and scrapbooks that it is becoming difficult to store them. I want everything displayed so that I can see what I have and get to them quickly. One of the things I had hardest time to organize was Ribbons. I have been searching for a good storage system for all my Ribbons, but most of them are too expensive. So I decided to make one. A box that will not only store my ribbon collection, but will display them and will make it easier for me to use them.


The company I work for also has  manufacturing of Aluminium Composite Metal Panels. They were kind enough to let me use some of the scrap material and the CNC machine and helped me fabricate my Ribbon Box. Thank you so much Altech.



I love the metallic blue ribbon box (this was my final design, till now). Red one was an experimental piece. I have one more blue colored one, cut and ready to be fabricated in the shop. I may use that for a special giveaway some time soon.

The display of colorful ribbons inspires me to come out of my color-comfort zone and try new combinations too. Love it...

8 comments:

  1. Hey Divya - lovely idea of a ribbon box, truly looks great. Pls pls consider me for the spl give away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this box....so perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Following you through BlogUpp! Come visit me:)
    ~Trista

    ReplyDelete
  4. What snazzy boxes - you could SELL them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can make a business out of it...they are very practical and we all can use a few, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cool! You did an awesome job creating them! I love that they're bright in color also! I love color!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u everyone..

    @Victoria this is not very heavy...

    Divya

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...